Director of Youth, College and Young Adult Ministries (YCYM)
- Provide spiritual leadership to current RJ youth, college members and young adults.
- Establish the vision, mission, and goals of the YCYM with other church leaders, youth council, pastoral team, RJ leadership team.
- Continually identify, develop, equip, and mentor leaders to serve in the ministry.
- Disciple members of the church to become disciple makers. Establish discipleship relationships among different age groups.
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate programs and events that are aligned to the goals of the ministry to include but not limited to Bible studies, Youth weekend fellowship, College fellowship, prayer meetings, etc.
- Work to increase participation in activities, and devise strategies to attract and retain youth, college students and young adults.
- Enhance RJ worship experiences on Sundays in partnership with RJ Worship ministry leadership team.
- Lead and coordinate evangelism efforts in various schools and colleges.
- Preach or speak occasionally in Worship service on Sundays.
Applicants must have experience working with youth and college students of different cultural backgrounds, must be prepared to submit a criminal background check, must have a Bachelor’s degree prior to the hiring date; have the ability to drive with a state issued license, and live in the Oklahoma City metro area. Some theological education and ability to speak both fluent English and Chinese are preferred.
To apply, applicants are encouraged to submit the following documents to Rev. Puong Ong Lau, Senior Pastor of ECIUMC at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A CV/Resume of relevant education, experience and accomplishments, along with the names and contact information of two professional references and one personal reference.
- A cover letter that introduces yourself and states why you think you might be called to this position
- An interview with the senior pastor and the Staff Pastoral Relations Committee will be established once suitable applicant(s) has been determined