Edmond Chinese International United Methodist Church (ECIUMC) is a family-oriented church that has rich and active ministries within its local community. ECIUMC is in Edmond, Oklahoma, nearby metropolitan Oklahoma City area where raising a church is both a great commission and an opportunity. ECIUMC conducts distinct worship services and ministries in English and Mandarin and is known for its steadfast commitment to God’s Word and solid Biblical teaching.
ECIUMC is seeking a Part-time Children Director to lead and manage Children ministry, children’s programs, and activities under the direction of the senior pastor and ECIUMC administrative council.
Position Description: Part-time Children Director
This Part-time Children Director position is a paid by hour part-time position during our church meeting on Sundays, Friday’s night fellowship, special events and during holidays as needed. We are seeking for God to provide ECIUMC with Part-time Children Director who sincerely loves people; loves children; loves Jesus and has a mature faith in Him. We are a growing congregation and seek Part-time Children Director who want to use God’s gifts, talents, and skills to help build the kingdom of God.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare teachers roster, curriculum, and songs for all the classes for Sundays and Fridays.
- Prepare Children’s birthday gifts, Christmas gifts.
- Plan for Children’s special programs. Collaborate with other ministries to coordinate special program opportunities.
- Recruit and train new teachers.
- Participate in teaching and leading classes as needed.
- Sunday School Program and Friday night fellowship program: Arrive before classes, welcome newcomers, collect newcomers’ information, oversee all classes, and assist teachers to have all classes run smoothly.
- Gather teachers for exchange of teaching experience, teachers’ appreciation, and teacher training events as needed.
- Familiar with setting up children classroom computer, media, audio, and video.
- Attend church administrative council with all the reports from Children Ministry.
- Communicate and connect with parents, quarterly Children Newsletter, and plan for Parents Teachers Conference as needed.
. A born-again Christian who has a passion for the Lord and a calling to serve in children ministry. Must embrace Christian discipline; uphold the Biblical truth; and love children.
. Minimum 3 years of children’s ministry experience required (preferably in a church setting).
. Collaborative team player who can work with children, parents, and volunteers.
. Self-starter who can independently lead an entire children’s ministry, and volunteers.
. Capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time with strong organizational, people, and communications skills.
. Strong relational and communication skills at the individual and group level.
. Fluent in English and Chinese Mandarin, including reading, writing, and speaking.
. Possess organizational and administration abilities.
. Study and understand the spiritual and developmental needs of children.
. Experience in cross-cultural ministry or Asian-American ministry is preferred. Must have experience working with children of different cultural background, families from different countries and embrace cultural diversity. Demonstrated heart and passion to serve a diverse community.
. Must be prepared to submit a criminal background check.
To apply, applicants are encouraged to submit the following documents to Rev. Puong Ong Lau, Senior Pastor of ECIUMC at email@example.com :
- A CV/Resume of relevant education, experience, and accomplishments, along with the names and contact information of two professional references and one personal reference.
- A cover letter that introduces yourself and states why you think you might be called to this position.
. Two Letters of Recommendation.
- An interview with the senior pastor and the Staff Pastoral Relations Committee will be established once suitable applicant(s) has been determined.